The key to good website design is planning. Too many people launch into website design without the … Read More...
People visit your website looking for information on your company: simple information such as your contact details, opening times or prices or more complex information such as your range of products and services. So your website should be designed to make all your information easy to find and encourage visitors to become customers.
At Websites Essex, we design your website to communicate your brand, appeal to visitors and keep them interested and engaged – giving you the best chance of turning visitors into customers.
Why is good website design important?
The first thing that visitors see when they visit your website is the design. Studies have shown that visitors will leave quickly if a site is slow, out of date, unattractive or appears irrelevant, so the look, feel and quality of your website is very important.
User experience is vital and there are several key elements to a good user experience:
- The site should be designed so that it loads quickly, studies show that visitors will leave a slow site within six seconds and may never return.
- Good navigation will keep people on your website for longer and help them find what they’re looking for.
- Consistency of design; the site design must be consistent with your brand, so maintaining consistent colours, styles, logos and graphics will make visitors feel familiar with your brand.
- Content must be up to date, relevant and placed correctly to appeal to your visitors – this is not only vital for user experience, but affects your search engine rankings too.
- Not only should your content be up to date, but your site design should look current too. Websites that look old fashioned, and do not use that latest technology are less appealing to visitors. It’s even recommended that your website should be redesigned every 2-5 years.
How can Websites Essex help you?
Trends in web design are constantly changing, and Websites Essex stays ahead of the trends to ensure that our clients are offered the very latest in website design.
One of the biggest changes in 2015 was when ‘mobile-friendly’ became a ranking factor for websites on the Google search engine. Websites Essex ensured that all of our clients’ websites were responsive; and we continue to do so for all of our clients. We also noticed that big header images, which draws attention to features or promotions, became a trend in 2015 so Websites Essex offer this design to any client who wishes to stay on trend with the industry.